Meet Our Talented, Creative Locals & Guests
This page is a space of love: My love of my community, the people in it, and those who visit us! I have lovingly called this my "Community Connection Project." I have loved every minute reaching out to all of my creative locals, learning more about each of them, and their passion for their business, craft and talent.
Below, are Twain Harte & Tuolumne County artists & professionals who've become friends I've teamed up with so my guests staying at my Peace of Your Harte™ cabins feel connected to the community I love so much. In addition, are people I have hosted, or I've hosted their family & friends. Through simple conversations we have shared with each other what we love doing, or my guests share why they are visiting Twain Harte. I love hosting & sharing our family's cabins, and I love sharing other people's passions. I feel very strongly that connecting and networking with small businesses & local artists of all genres is of great importance for too many reasons to name. I will always uplift and support my community, those who visit my community and those who are hard working individuals creating, sharing & spreading goodness and kindness to others through their work and/or their personalized craft. Follow, support & share those below -- Click the blue highlights to be directed to their pages/sites✌🏼💞
- Shélah Ball of Wanderfully Wild Creations ~ Shélah, is a local jewelry artist who creates personalized stamped pendants, bracelets, earrings, baby teething rings & so much more. Shélah is beautiful from the inside out, which is reflected in all of her creations. She creates personalized keepsakes for my guests, but will create anything for you! She recycles old keys and pieces she finds, with the use of stamping to spell out your favorite inspirational word or phrase. Her adorable teething rings are a precious gift for the new baby born in yours or your friends' & family's life. You can view her work & art on her Facebook page highlighted above in blue, her Esty Page or follow her on Instagram at @wanderfullywildcreations. Since she is local, if you order any of her items she can arrange to hand deliver them to either me or you during your visit, cutting any shipping costs! Images below as #1 - Click each image to enlarge
- Megan & Lauren of Paintbrush & Poppy ~ These 2 lovely sisters are local water color artists who are designing my logo. We will be actively working together to bring together, on paper, the colors, feel and warmth of Twain Harte and Peace of Your Harte Cabins. Stay tuned for more of their art that'll be in my cabins! Their unique paintings reflect the nature that surrounds us in Twain Harte! You can also go to their Esty Page for purchasing their beautiful watercolor creations, and follow them on Instagram @paintbrushandpoppy! Images below as #2 - Click each image to enlarge
- Tatiana of Root & Bloom Soaps ~ Tatiana makes personalized soaps for my guests! Tatiana is a local Twain Harte'ian; however, I host her family & friends in my cabins from time to time. From there we began working together to bring her lovely vegan soaps into my cabins, made special just for my guests. Tatiana's mixture of calmness & natural beauty is the essence of all her products. Since she is local, if you order any of her items, she can arrange to hand deliver them to either me or you during your visit, cutting any shipping costs! Tatiana also has her own online shop for those who would like to buy more of her other items, anytime from anywhere! Images below as #3 - Click each image to enlarge
- Marianne Freiwald, Real Estate Agent ~ Looking to buy a cabin or piece of property in Twain Harte/Tuolumne County? Marianne is who you need to call! Marianne is an Agent at Century 21 Wildwood Properties in Twain Harte 209-352-1646. She is a local who knows this county perfectly and will assist you patiently, and with kindness as you search for your dream home or vacation cabin! Her husband, Rob, is one of the best handymen in Twain Harte who helps me out so much with all of my cabins and I'm sure would be a good resource for little projects your new place might need, or he & Marianne will be able to direct you to the right person for any assistance you might need. I can't say enough great things about Marianne! You'll be so happy you reached out to her!
- John Russell & J. Russell Productions ~ With 4 new albums on the immediate horizon, John Russell is a San Francisco Bay Area based drummer and producer. He currently drums with numerous Bay Area groups ranging from rock to jazz to electronic to folk. Click here to be directed to John's site & listen to his musical creativity + learn more about his work. My 2 personal favorites: "Crush" & "Whirl of a Woman." 💃🏼 John's been a guest @ our Lake Cabin, and we are so excited to share his talent and can't wait to hear more of his music! And, of course, host him and his friends, over & over as they visit & explore Twain Harte & Tuolumne County!
- Salvador Castío, Artist, Draughtsman, Picture-maker, Storyteller ~ Salvador, and his wife Allyce, stayed in one of our cabins a few years back, yet we still stay in contact. His art speaks for itself. In my opinion his style is passionately bold, strong and complimentary to the character he is drawing. For me, Salvador's drawings always inspire strength of his subject's spirit, yet a vulnerability of his subject's soul. I believe it's the way he uses shadowing that outlines features and lines. Quote from Salvador: “My work is an amalgamation of various traditions: American comic book art and illustration, 19th Century English Romantic painting, Art Nouveau poster design, French book illustration and French bande dessinée. It is this combination of visual styles that have forged the unique voice that allows me to spotlight the myriad of cultural and social influences that are important to me.” Visit his site to follow him on his social media pages, and view & learn more about Salvador! Images below as #4 - Click each image to enlarge
- John Ghera of Existence Thru Art (ETA) ~ John is a Bay Area dance artist who teaches hip-hop, jazz, and classes in high heels. He is also a drag queen performer. He normally teaches at studios and private lessons at one's home; but with COVID-19 he is now teaching his classes online and will be performing his drag shows online in conjunction with other drag performers! You can easily follow his social media pages through his website (click his blue highlighted intro), sign up for classes and become a patron of his drag performances. John and his friends are frequent visitors to Twain Harte, and guests at our cabins. Follow him on Instagram @thekillah & @themurderessofdrag🕺🏼
- Jennifer of Sugarclays Pottery Studio ~ Jennifer's studio is located a short drive from Twain Harte in Sugarpine where she offers pottery classes for everyone. This is a wonderful and creative experience during your visit to Twain Harte where you will bring home your very own handmade Keepsake. Jennifer has many days and times for her classes! Whether a sunny day or a rainy day, this activity will be sure to brighten your spirit, inspiring yours, your kids' and friends' inner artist! Follow Jennifer on Instagram @sugarclayspotterystudio
- Sasha of Stones By Sasha ~ Sasha is a local artist in Sonora, whose craft is creating beautiful wire & stone jewelry. Please, visit her Etsty store and view images of some of her pieces below. Quote from Sasha's Etsy page: "I've always loved making jewelry, so when I started rockhounding, the two were a perfect match. I started with simple wraps on crystal points and have expanded to wrapping beautiful cabochons, and playing with oxidation of wire." Images below as #5 - Click each image to enlarge
- Reno of Almon Woodcraft ~ Reno is a local resident of Tuolumne County, originally from the Bay Area. He, like a lot of us folks, chose to move here due to the love and inspiration of nature, where we feel we're most at peace and in our element. Reno's woodcraft art is a true testament to how nature moves the soul. I urge you to follow him on Instagram @almon_woodcraft and visit his site. His woodcraft talent is top rate, and we're very lucky to have him in our neck of the woods creating pieces of art that blend with our own natural landscape. Images below as #6 - Click each image to enlarge
- Stogies Gold Country Lounge ~ Stogie's story began in 2004, established by husband & wife, Phil & Cindy Herrero. Together they have created a unique spot in Gold Country's historic Jamestown, where locals & visitors can mingle, sample beer, wine, champagne & spirits PLUS enjoy a cigar from an array of choices. Longtime area locals, Phil & Cindy, together through their sense of community, creativity and passions have provided everyone who visits their lounge a place where friendships and fun memories are created. How lucky is Tuolumne County to have them? VERY LUCKY! And, they are ANIMAL FRIENDLY!!!!!! 🦮🍾🥃🚬👌🏼
- Simply Delish ~ Cupcakes, cheesecakes, chocolate covered strawberries and the most detailed, creative & beautifully crafted handmade specialty cakes for any occasion are all created by, Vonnie, the Master Baker of these delectable treats. Vonnie's shop is located in Sonora, very convenient for those of you who are heading up to our cabins celebrating a birthday, anniversary, wedding, engagement, or just want goodies during your stay! Her cupcakes are baked fresh, never frozen, and all of her delicious and beautiful items are made fresh upon each request & order. She will work with you so that your cake/cupcake vision and idea will be pleasingly fulfilled. Please follow her on Facebook & Instagram @delish.simply and visit her site highlighted above to view a selection of her treats and her specialty cakes! 🧁🎂 Images Below as #7 - Click each image to enlarge
- Lori Keys Curtis Real Estate Agent in Carmel/Monterey Area ~ Lori has been a guest at our cabins, and I am very pleased to spotlight her. She is a Real Estate agent with Keller Williams Coastal Estates; specializing in the Carmel, Monterey and surrounding communities. Lori is, also, a professional Property Staging expert at Creative Solutions (Click the blue link to see her staging & design expertise) where she provides consultations, vacant stagings and owner occupied staging. Lori's personal quote: "I'm passionate about bringing homes to life. I have an eye for detail and a passion for home design. I enjoy working with people, guiding and assisting in readying homes for the real estate market." Lori's experience, connections, expertise in design, mixed with her patience and kindness are the perfect combination, all in one person, to help you prepare to sell, sell your existing house, and buy your new home!
- Amala Detox & Tea Lounge ☕️ Amala is our county's unique wellness spa in Sonora where your inner and outer beauty will be peacefully pampered. Their gentle methods and products will balance and invigorate all of your senses. Providing you their Delicious Healing Teas, Ionic Detox Foot Soaks & Readings, Infrared Sauna, with Chromotherapy and Organic Spray Tanning, you'll feel refreshed, healthy, rejuvenated and beautiful! Other lovely services are provided by an Aesthetician, a Massage Therapist and a Hair Analyst. Quote: "A healthy outside starts from the inside." Please, follow them on Facebook & Instagram @amaladetox ~ And book your appointment online by clicking the blue like above. You will absolutely love your experience in this detoxing, peaceful tea lounge. Images Below as #8 - Click each image to enlarge
- Michele Masterson, Master Pet Sitter ~ Michele is a local in Twain Harte and the best, most kind & compassionate pet sitter in the county. This isn't just my opinion, it's my girls' (dogs') opinion, and their opinion is what matters the most! All I have to do is say her name and they go running to the door to wait for her! If you're staying at our cabin and want to take a day trip and your pet can't make the trip with you, for whatever reason, Michele will come to the cabin and sit with your pet while you're on your daily excursion. She's, also, available for locals, too! Follow her on Instagram @michele_masterson_ ... You can also click the blue link above to follow her on Facebook as she regularly posts photos of the pets she sits with. PLUS, she is a wonderful photographer! Her photos of Twain Harte & Tuolumne County are just beautiful. If you'd like her services, please text her 209.206.6684. She's very affordable, so Book her quickly, her calendar fills fast! Images of Michele & a few of her pet sitting friends as #9 - Click each image to enlarge
- Brush and Hammer Co. ~ Jannet & Tonya of Brush and Hammer are two friends that have proven separation by miles only makes the mind more creative: Jannet lives in Tuolumne County and Tonya lives in San Juan Baptista. These two ladies have brought their love of forming reclaimed items into always one of a kind pieces of art, jewelry and home decor. Their unique blend of using reclaimed wood, metal, and other such items have inspired fun and bold home decor, and jewelry that make great items for yourself, or as gifts. Please click the blue link above to find them Etsy. Follow them on Facebook & Instagram @brushandhammerdesigns. If you're staying with us at Peace of Your Harte, or a TC local, a pick up can be arranged. Images below as #10 - Click each image to enlarge
- Brush & Cork ~ Judy is the artist behind this art studio in downtown Sonora. Grab a girlfriend or two... and paint your own piece of art while drinking wine! These step-by-step painting classes are perfect for just about anyone and any occasion: Girls' get-together, baby showers, bachelorette parties, family reunions, kid parties, basically the list is endless! All you need to do is bring your fun, playful, and open mind, and everything else is provided for an inspirational space to create your own piece of art or keepsake you will bring home from your travels to Tuolumne County! See their website above highlighted in blue, follow them on Facebook or on Instagram @brushandcork ~ Plus, they are now (during COVID-19) offering virtual classes via Zoom! YAY! I just signed up for one of these classes, Blue Bird & Blossoms, and cannot wait to share it with all of you very soon! Peace & Painting🖌🎨👩🏼🎨 Images below as #11 - Click each image to enlarge
- Mountain Om Yoga ~ Kim is the yoga instructor of Mountain Om Yoga. She lives in Tuolumne County and loves her practice and where she lives. She has a unique method of combining the practice of yoga and the outdoors. Weather providing, Kim will design a day of yoga, hiking and breathing in all the beauty and peace our local hiking trails offer one's soul. She will work out a solution best suited to your level of experience both in yoga and hiking. Her solutions to a day of yoga and exploring the great outdoors will only enhance your zen'ful inspirations. On days when weather isn't producing the best conditions for hiking, Kim will do an in-cabin yoga experience designed just for you and your family and/or friends. Where there is a yoga will, there is a yoga way, and Kim is your perfect instructor to flow your asana and pranayama in-synch in Tuolumne County 🧘🏼♀️ Click the blue link above to be directed to her website, follow her on Facebook & Instagram @mountainomyoga - During COVID-19 she is offering online classes, please follow her social media for instructions. Images below as #12 - Click each image to enlarge
- Calculated Whisks Bakery ~ Breauna is the artist behind this delicious and diverse bakery here in Tuolumne County & the Motherlode. Her creativity is awe-inspiring as she reaches for not just beauty with her creations, but delectable tastes that will touch all of your senses as you devour her treats. She will work with you to create your culinary vision for any occasion. She is diversified in her cooking methods, as well, creating keto, vegan, sugar-free & gluten-free delicacies, to match your very own taste & dietary needs. Visit her site's blue highlighted link above, follow her on Facebook & on Instagram @calculated_whisks ... Her treats can be found at Columbia Farmory, Peaceful Valley Farmers Market and The Columbia Mercantile 1855 (please visit her site above for dates and times + more images of her croissants & more 🥐). Images below as #13 - Click each image to enlarge
- Juniper Moon Tattoo ~ Twain Harte's own tattoo parlor! Located on Joaquin Gully Rd, directly in downtown Twain Harte, with many artists at work, Kelley; Brook; Ashley, specialized in cosmetic tattooing; Kristin; Jaycie, apprentice; and Haley, apprentice, be sure to call ahead of time to reserve your next, or very first tattoo, with these one of these talented artists -- they book up quickly! Click on the blue link above to follow them on Facebook or on Instagram @junipermoontattoo ... Images below as #14 - Click each image to enlarge
- Plant Based CBD ~ This all women, family owned company, manufactures and creates all of their CBD products in Groveland, near Yosemite! I have just purchased their Pet Tincture for Sveva's anxiety, look forward to their Broad Spectrum oil for myself and their Hand Sanitizers for each of my cabins! I'm very excited for my guests to use their product during their stays at Peace of Your Harte. For more info on all of their products and to order products, click the blue link above to be directed to their site & follow them on Instagram @plantbased_cbd. They ship! AND their products are all VEGAN🌱 Below is a direct message to me from Skylar regarding their incredible work ethic, style and methods for creating their products: "We have spent over 10 years in the cannabis industry as consultants, growers, extraction techs, researchers and entrepreneurs. We have worked along side cannabis/hemp farms, doctors, chemists, and laboratories, to be able to help patients achieve the quality of life they deserve. Helping people is what we do best.
We use the latest science based information to give you accurate dosages, regimens, and cannabinoid treatments. We source our hemp directly from a state licensed farm right here in the United States, not from overseas.
Everything we make is hand crafted in small batches. We never sacrifice quality in place of quantity. We believe in hand making our products so they get the attention they deserve.
The environment is very important to us. And so, we try to do our part to use as little ingredients and packaging as we can. All of our containers (even the plastic ones) are reusable and recyclable. All of our products are Plant-based. None of our products have been tested on animals, just ourselves." Images below as #15 - Roll over image for description, click to be directed to the purchase page!
- Acorn Photography ~ Tiffany is the artist behind the camera at Acorn Photography. Tiffany is a local from Tuolumne County and her photography specialties range from weddings, engagements, boudoir and lifestyle. Her natural light photography, and local natural landscape backgrounds captures your special moments with timeless beauty. Her photos are a true reflection of you, your family, friends and guests, all while celebrating those special occasions in your life. Please click the blue link above to view her gorgeous website, and learn more about Tiffany, her work and see more of her portfolios. Follow her on Facebook and on Instagram @acOrnphotos ... If you are looking for a photographer during your time in Tuolumne County, Tiffany will be sure to capture your special time through photos that you will keep close to your heart forever.
- Crumb Catering & Confections ~ Jeffrey and Kayleigh, as a father-daughter team, are the master chefs behind Crumb Catering & Confections. They are excited to create an unforgettable dining experience for your special event preparing your menu with bold flavors from local farms, when available! Located in downtown Sonora, serving Tuolumne County, they will cater your event to fit your specific style. Offering an extremely wide range in options with their wood burning oven, smoker and barbecue and their passion for ethnic cuisine, they will create a menu to please anyone for any occasion! They, also, offer vegetarian and vegan options. Visit their site highlighted above in blue to view their monthly menu, and to reserve them for your special event! Follow them on Facebook and on Instagram @crumbcatering
- Sweet Reba's ~ Reba has been a guest at our Lake Cabin, and I am very proud to spotlight her bakery located in Carmel, CA, Sweet Reba's. As a master baker, her gorgeous cakes, cookies & goodies are sure to please not just your eyes with their creative beauty, but all of your senses, right down to your taste buds! She also has for sale daily meals, and posts her menus on her Facebook page, along with fresh flowers for sale. Please visit her site highlighted above in blue. Follow her on Facebook and on Instagram @sweetrebas
- Grow Wild nCo ~ This Sierra based, all female online boutique shop is on a passionate mission to awaken environmental awareness and Keep Tahoe Blue and our environment clean. Click the above blue link to be directed to their website and read their story, check out their sexy, sassy apparel, accessories, essential oils, natural cleaning products, and more! 15% of their proceeds go to KeepTahoeBlue.org on Instagram @keeptahoeblue. Follow them on Facebook and on Instagram @grow.wild.nco ... Also, check out their Ambassador Program on Instagram @grow.wild.oils ... For those of us who call the Sierras hOMe, I am very pleased to spotlight these women's mission through activism, while providing quality products from local makers who share their passion for sustainability, and protecting our environment through empowering others.
#1) Wanderfully Wild Creation Peace of Your Harte Keepsakes -- Add a necklace or key chain. More designs coming soon & on display @ the cabins! Order Here
#2) Paintbrush and Poppy's Water Color Paintings - Deer Painting Hanging in Our Cabins!
#3) Root and Bloom Soaps by Tatiana
#4) Salvador Castío's Artistry
#5) Stones By Sasha
#6) Almon Woodcraft by Reno
#7) Simply Delish Delectables
#8) Amala Tea & Detox Lounge
#9) Michele's Pet Sitting 🦮
#10) Brush & Hammer Co. ~ Handmade, Reclaimed Art & Jewelry
#11) Brush and Cork Art Studio ~ Create your own painting
#12) Mountain Om Yoga ~ Combine Yoga & Hiking
#13) Calculated Whisks ~ Breauna and her Delicacies!
#14) Juniper Moon Tattoo